Become a Patron of West Coast Live!
Past Programs 2010
AUGUST 7, 2010
from September 25th, 2004, Upstage Cafe, Port Townsend WA
- live from the Port Townsend, WA Film Festival
- TOM ROBBINS, author "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues," and "Another Roadside Attraction"
- DAVID GUTERSON, author, "Snow Falling on Cedars"
- JANE POWELL, actress, "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"
- MAX GROVER, artist, illustrator of Children's Books
- GEORGE REZENDES and FRIENDS, (possibly as The Toolshed Trio)
- QUASIMODO and the BELL RINGERS, featuring a guy who likes to cook and eat bugs and slugs
- MISTY RIVER BAND, women's acoustic vocal quartet
- SAM BARRY, piano man
- West Coast Live goes on the Road to celebrate the artists of this great Pacific Northwest art center and our new carriage on KUOW2 Seattle
JULY 31, 2010
Live Broadcast from the New Freight and Salvage theatre in Downtown Berkeley
at the Freight and Salvage Coffee House , 2020 Addison Street near Shattuck, with breakfast snacks and drinks available. RESERVATIONS: for your 2 hours of slow-food organic radio with only the freshest conversation, music and play: 415-664-9500, or TICKETWEB. Parking garage two doors down, Downtown Berkeley Bart stop half-a block around corner on Shattuck, with the fine Revival, Gather, and Venus restaurants nearby..
- Sedge welcomes Stellar line-up of guests for this last July weekend as we peer at August.
- ROBERT HASS, poet and author of Song of Myself and other Poems , with the poetry of Walt Whitman.
- MARY ROACH, the science writer whose engaging books include the three monosyllabic explorations Stiff, Spook and Bonk offers now Packing for Mars about the curious science of life in the void. Mary fills us in.
- VENDELA VIDA, whose third novel, The Lovers , is set in Turkey. She co-edits The Believer magazine.
- The DEVINE JUG BAND, Pete Devine's assembled multitude jugs along with verve.
- and Sedge is accompanied by his great horse Silver and his faithful English companion, MIKE GREENSILL, piano, whose been known to play past midnight into the new month.